34 Roadster SCTA survivor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sellers Equipped

Thought I would share this with you guys.

About 5 years ago my buddy was handed down his dads 34 Roadster. Been sitting in a little alley way garage down in L.A. In the late 40's his dad and buddy traded cars, at the time his dad owned a 38 Ford coupe, so they swapped the 34 Roadster, rumble for the 38 though they kept there motors.

The two belonged to the Gear Grinder, SCTA. His dad ran the 34 full Fendered, Piped roll cage bolted to the floor, the dash is a 40, 39 i always get it mixed up, leaded in, leaded filled ash trays, Early Block Edelbrock heads, Adjustable Lifters, Aluminum Fly Wheel, side shift tyranny with a Lincoln cluster, 40 Colum shift, 40 Juice brakes, 40 master, 36 drive shaft headers, brazed right to the Ol headers, D&S intake, big logo 97's that were perfect inside and out, we didn't even rebuild they didn't even leak, squirted gas perfect, performed perfect.

Body is in a unbelievable shape, We opened the top for the 1st time since 54, popped it on, and went to town.

Ran new brake lines, fuel lines, new wheel cylinders, shoes, fuel pump, tank was perfect inside. Made a ol style wiring harness, went through tones of boxes and found everything to reassemble it. changed the oil, new head gaskets, checked the fluids, and off we went in 4 days

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 156.JPG
    156.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 198.JPG
    198.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 195.JPG
    195.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 182.JPG
    182.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 048.JPG
    048.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 44
40 dash for sure....that thing is crazy, hey post it on the HAMB and ask if a S-10 frame will work under it.

Very cool piece of history!
And ....... hey post it on the HAMB and ask if a S-10 frame will work under it......:eek: NOW that would be Funny!:D

No post it on the HAMB and say you're going to Rat Rod it! [ddev

No post it on the HAMB and say you're going to Rat Rod it! [ddev

Hhahah Ryan wont allow me on any of his sites, I called him out on his BS and how he singles me out,, OK for others but heaven mursy if i do it! He states all these rules! but where are they, I call them flavored rules of the day,

I was no longer a Alliance vendor i pulled it, then posted pics in the main forum of the Veda spec cap i was getting ready to release, he pulls it,, says you cant because im no longer a Alliance Vendor, but its ok for guys makeing V8 girl hood ornament or a guy posting pics of canceling turn signals he wants to make and seeing how people might be interested, ok for them! there not alliance vendors,, but not ok for me??? go figure?? Ryans line, AFTER ALL IT IS MY SITE??? ok guy

The car is pretty much done the way it is, he just wants to leave it as is, keep the maintenance up. Since these pics were taken, we put 16" Kelsey's all the way around with the new Veda spec caps i carry, black rims black tires, 750 rear, 650 front it really gives the car the era it deserves.

I'll have some new pics, with the trophies his dad received over the years racing it. Eric is thinking about installing all the fenders,, i think it would look good, and the nice thing the fenders are perfect.

It was fun putting it back together digging for bolts, all the hardware we used were in boxes and boxes of nuts and bolts so there is no new flashy hardware. I'll have to post a pic of how his dad took a chisels and sliced up the rear of the car to install the Chevy lights, its classic to see the destruction to get them to fit.

The cool thing is how his dad adapted the 40 column shift, the dash and tyranny. it seemed like every little trick a guy did back then was done on the 34, the front motor mount install, front shock mounts, dash, Roll cage built out of pipe, 36 drive shaft headers. I still cant believe the condition of the body,, its just amazing all these years.

Heres a few more pics

Attachments

• 227.jpg
    227.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 217.jpg