'37 ford pickup build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caddad65

Haven't done much work on it in the last few months but I got a new digital camera for Christmas so I had to try it out...in B&W no less.

Enjoy the PICS!

-Mike-

Attachments

• newpics 194.jpg
    newpics 194.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 172
  • newpics 196.jpg
    newpics 196.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 143
  • newpics 197.jpg
    newpics 197.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 89
Sweet!!!

CadDad,
Wow... sweet lookin' truck. Glad u got a digi camera for Christmas... too bad u didn't get a color one!!! ; - > That's awesome & be sure to take lots of pictures now to share with u're ratty buddys!!! Can't wait to follow u're progress!!!

BoB

another 37

Truck looks Great ,wish my 37 was that far along ,
only have a cab and bed and new miller mig welder wating for me to get out of wheelchair to start on it

This is what I've done on my pickup for steering.

I've never seen anyone but me try this yet.

This is a unisteer rack & pinnion setup mounted to the frame rail where an F1/F100 box would be.

The angle of the u-joints are near their limits but operate perfectly.
I used a speedway hoop up front too.

I do plan on painting the body of the rack... it's just to dang shinny for me.

Enjoy,
-Mike-

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 63
You really have it going on there!!. I love the chop, the olds, steering. Lots of good thought. The proportions of the truck are great! I do think it needs a mid 30s grill tho. And why the patch on the roof? My 37 has a solid roof already.

You really have it going on there!!. I love the chop, the olds, steering. Lots of good thought. The proportions of the truck are great! I do think it needs a mid 30s grill tho. And why the patch on the roof? My 37 has a solid roof already.
I agree on the grill. I held up my '36 Chevy grill & wished I had 2.
As for the patch, it's a roof section from a '47 chevy truck just laying on top.
I have it just incase I really screwup on the roof (not welded together yet)but it fits pretty good.

The truck is lookin good Caddad. I like it. I've got a question for ya. Does the other end of the Unisteer rack travel free inside that tube that runs along the frame? I was thinking that maybe you could remove the tie rod on that end ant the rack would almost be like a steering box.

Have you noticed how pricey those Chevy grills are getting on ebay? I got mine a couple years ago for like $45, now they bring ten times that. That truck would look awesome with a cheby grill imo. Or maybe an oddball like a 34 Stude grill. Just not a tractor grill, something a little more swoopy.

OOPS!! I just noticed it's a caddy, not an olds. What is it, a 365?

Have you noticed how pricey those Chevy grills are getting on ebay? I got mine a couple years ago for like $45, now they bring ten times that. That truck would look awesome with a cheby grill imo. Or maybe an oddball like a 34 Stude grill. Just not a tractor grill, something a little more swoopy.

OOPS!! I just noticed it's a caddy, not an olds. What is it, a 365?
I completely agree on the grill. They are getting crazy expensive.

Yup It's a Caddy... a '64 429cid with '55 331cid Cad Valve covers on it.

That's where the cad in caddad65 comes in...I'm a bit of a caddy junkie.
My wife thinks i need professional help.

-Mike-

Latest posts

Back