37 Inernational Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts Score

Well I scored a pile of really nice parts for the build! NOS front fender and a perfect used one, 3 grill shells with misc trim, a pair of rear fenders (not to be used), 2 pairs of running boards, a door, 4 windshield frames, Complete motor/trans and tons of mechanical NOS and used parts.
This stuff is not easy to find!

Attachments

• jd1.jpg
    jd1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IHC parts.jpg
    IHC parts.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
slow going

Suspension bushings are done, waiting for the die to bend up the a-arms.
Got the rear axle sand blasted and primed. (old 10 bolt from a Camaro build).
Tires are mounted for mock up.

Control Arms

Control arms are finally done except the air bag mounts.
A few pictures of fabrication. Feels good to get these bolted on, and soon it will be sitting on the front wheels. The steering is still up in the air. Like to just put the steering box back in but that will tough to clear the fenders. I am looking at some of the race car power racks. There about the shortest. The LCA mounts are not very far apart, looks like the rack pivots need to be about 16". That leaves few options? Also thought of using the stock tie rod and making the rack move the tie rod?

Attachments

• IMAG0448.jpg
    IMAG0448.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0453.jpg
    IMAG0453.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMAG0459.jpg
    IMAG0459.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0460.jpg
    IMAG0460.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0471.jpg
    IMAG0471.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 58
Parts

Where in the world did you find all those parts in one place? IF they are NOS im sure you can resale rear fenders etc quickly to fund more parts.

parts

Found these parts listed in Double Clutch magazine. The guy I bought them from got a lead on them at Hershy. I think they came from a closed dealership in Ohio. It was a good find. I almost feel bad using the front fenders on Rat rod and not a restoration. He had used what he needed on a panel truck restoration.
I have sold some parts already. I should make my money back and save a ton of time not having to repair my old fenders.

I'm digging this build. I like the short body with the tall fenders idea. Oh and howdy from right above you in NH...[P

Ladder Bar/Truck arms

Here are the rear arms I have been working on. Not finished but close. Took awhile to decide how I wanted to set up the rear suspension. I was going to do conventional truck arms and couldn't afford to loose all the space along the inside of the frame. So this will keep ladder bar arms outside the frame rails. Burned out the axle brackets that will also mount the air bags. Will get some better pictures of those when I get them on the axle.
I used Honda accord Control arm bushings for a smoother ride, the front arms also have s-10 rubber (stock) control arm bushings.

Attachments

• IMAG0520.jpg
    IMAG0520.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 43
  • IMAG0524.jpg
    IMAG0524.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0526.jpg
    IMAG0526.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 63
rear suspension

The axle is just sitting there, nothing is welded. I machined the bushings that hold the rubber bushings. I welded them in and then pressed them in. It is all just in mock up.

Latest posts

Back