3M Rubberized Undercoating

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ike

Banned
Has any of the builders on this board used 3M rubberized undercoating? I did a search and the 4x4 boards say it works well. Information there said it covers well and seals rust. I've had good luck with 3M products in the past. It's only $4.95 a can and the can is large. Any information is appreciated.

I think it is one of the better ones out there of the spray can variety. I still like to put some rust inhibiting primer and paint under it just to make sure no water gets to the metal.

Don

I used it on the body and fenders of my '39 Ford. Goes on well and gives a nice finished look under the car. It even filled a couple of pinholes in the floor. :D Definately paint first. Mike

I used it to paint some parts on my old chopper, the only thing i would say about it is its great for its purpose, UNDER coating, It fades like crazy with UV exposure. If you want to avoid the fading use spray on truck bed liner, its a bit more expensive at 7-8$ a can but wont fade in sunlight.

Latest posts

Back