3x2 Holley 94 setup ??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtech

I am doing a 3x2 setup on a abc with Holley 94's.
My question is if I'm doing the front and rear as dumpers do they have to be the same as the center carb( model wise 8BA EAB etc.)
My previous setups I used all matching but I have 2 matching and 1 not right was hoping to save a couple bucks.

I don't think they have to necessarily be the same carbs, I have seen setups over the years with mismatched/different carbs and they seemed to work ok. In fact, some old rodders used to run a 97 Stromberg in the center and either 48's or 81's on the ends (can't remember which now).

You should be fine.

Don

I am doing a 3x2 setup on a abc with Holley 94's.
My question is if I'm doing the front and rear as dumpers do they have to be the same as the center carb( model wise 8BA EAB etc.)
My previous setups I used all matching but I have 2 matching and 1 not right was hoping to save a couple bucks.

I would say run the two matching on the outer and the 1 not right in the center.

That is what I did with the 6x2 of Holley 94s I was running till I got a complete collection of 97s to run on my SBC. :D

Seems like I had two matched sets of 94s and two that were different..... now I have six 94s sitting on a shelf with two 3x2 intakes waiting for me to do something with them :eek:

Did you go through all of them and write down what jets and power valves they have?

Cheers
RustyNCA

One ha been rebuilt, I bought that way from a shop, the other 2 haven't yet I was going to match jets, use a pvalbe plug and change bases on these 2.
Curious if you don't have plans for those setups I'd be interested possibly in one.

One ha been rebuilt, I bought that way from a shop, the other 2 haven't yet I was going to match jets, use a pvalbe plug and change bases on these 2.
Curious if you don't have plans for those setups I'd be interested possibly in one.

One intake is for an FE 390, the other is a polished Offy that I was running on the coupe till I switched to the 6x2. I plan to run the FE intake on our 58 TBird when I get back to working on it.

The Offy I am just sitting on till I decide what to do with it. Only photos I have of it, was when I was running it with 3 Strombergs.

I'm not sure what I would want for it with the Holleys.

243.jpg

I'm going for that type of look, I may run an adapter for now to a 4bbl intake I have, and later change it out (I plan doing some engine mods later)
I am a big fan of multi carbs right now

I'm going for that type of look, I may run an adapter for now to a 4bbl intake I have, and later change it out (I plan doing some engine mods later)
I am a big fan of multi carbs right now

Multi Carbs you say..........

Well, we started with a 3x2, decided that wasn't enough, so stepped up to a 6x2.....

Check this setup we are now running out....

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

That setup looks wicked cool!![ddd I have ran Hilborn systems alot in the past on some of our hillclimb cars multi stacks cant be beat in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back