4.3 chevy v-6

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo

He talks to the tiki gods!
Hello every one, I a going to start my 53 truck project this summer, my plan is to put a 53 delux cab chevy on a S-10 4x4 frame. I was wondering if any one here has experiance with the 4.3 liter v-6 that is in most s-10. the truck now has a 2.8 liter v-6 and i am pretty sure that is going to be too small for a daily driver.

I have heard that the 4.3 is a chevy 350 with two cylinders shaved off the front.

I want to use this truck to drive every day, and run errarnds, pick parts, go to the nursery with the wife. I also want to fun AC and an auto trans.

any way, if any of you are a resourse for building these engines could you post a reply?

thanks

Pablo

You heard right it's 3/4 of a SBC. A lot of the parts are interchangable, except of course the crank, manifold, heads, etc. I had a full size truck with one it was a little underpowered for towing and stuff but got pretty decent gas milage.

He is alive!

Pablo,
Where have you been?!

Agree on the 4.3L Good Engine. I've had lots of S-10s with 2.8s & 4.3s.
To bad old kerby in Kennewick passed away.
He built some sweet 4.3s in his day.

-Mike-

heads up

Just a heads up on the 2.8 to 4.3 conversion. The bellhousing bolt pattern is different from the 2.8 to the 4.3, so the transmission would have to be swapped along with the engine. Check the frame mounts - they may also be different from one to the other.

There are a LOT of 4.3 S-10s and little Blazers out there, so finding a donor should be easy enough.

Welcome back!

440shorty

Latest posts

Back