40 ford truck frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fnmopar

When you guys do your frames do you typically keep them the same width the whole way ,or taper the front ? this would be for my rr truck im about to start on,Itl have a chevy 250/3spd man, suicide front axle setup,buggie spring rear and about a 48 to 50 inch bed.And if anyone knows where i can get a front spring perch for a 2in spring that will mount to a square crossmember id appreciate that.Thanks

Generally I make the frame as wide as the firewall area will allow and taper toward the front to about 24 inches when using straight axle and suicide spring mount. This gives me room for radius rod mounts and headers to go over the frame. From the firewall back I will taper outward as wide as possible then step the frame in at the back of the cab, to a width that will acommodate the rear or bed I'm using. That would be where I would kick the frame up so I could mount the rear spring.

Get in touch with RPM on here he can make you a front perch for a square x-member and 2" spring.

Latest posts

Back