41 chevy truck beltline patch

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetnomad

Looking for ideas on repairing a rusty beltline on 41 chevy cab. Got several ideas of my own,just not sure what avenue to take ! Thought about grinding away the the inner lower panel down to the spot welds. That way you gain access to the inside of the top panel so you can sandblast the rust on the inside. Then using stainless steel wire mesh like they used on circle track cars grilles and 3M panel bond it secure it. Then using duraglass or the like to wipe on the outside and inside. Finish it off with filler or some easy sand polyester filler. I was over in Mobile today and stopped by a sheet metal shop today and explained to the owner how the piece was made and he thought he could duplicate it ! What have you guys done or used ?

Just thought id say there was a guy here somewhere that said he used parts of the hood for beltline patches....do a search...

Beltline panel made

The shop in Mobile, Al came up with a panel that he made from his computerized 10' brake. I believe I can make it work. I'll load some pics tommorrow.

i used the hood belt line for the rear of my cab. if you have to do the corners, it didnt turn out well. i found if you look on ebay you can find ppl cutting these trucks up and selling the whole rear belt line either whole or in 3 sections.

Belt line patch picture

I know I was supposed to post the pics of the belt line patch,but been kinda busy, Anyway here are a couple. One tacked end and the other a cross-section

Attachments

• zzzz 367.jpg
    zzzz 367.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 46
  • zzzz 372.jpg
    zzzz 372.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 43
I used the beltline from a couple extra door tops I had to replace the bad spots in the rear beltline on the back of my 42 chevy cab worked great

Attachments

• 223483_1929293624415_1004436880_2224507_335832_n.jpg
    223483_1929293624415_1004436880_2224507_335832_n.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 36
whats up bro how do you like them clamps? i might just have to pick some up.:cool:

I love'em!! They are great when you can't get your hand or clamp aront behind the arear you are welding on give you a perfect gap to weld and help keeep the curve or conture as the original panel

Got these at Northern Tool a set of 8 there is $10

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back