41 Chevy truck grille modified !!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetnomad

Just wanted to share a couple pics of our grille that's going on our 41. It"s made completely out of a stock grille. We used the top piece and removed the bottom run of which contains the CHEVROLET script. Then we took the last 4 verticle bars on each side and positioned them horizontally on opposite corners to produce a proportionate grille with the correct taper on each side. Check it ad se what ya think !! I haven't added the center bar yet

Attachments

• zzzz 108.jpg
    zzzz 108.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 77
  • zzzz 111.jpg
    zzzz 111.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 87
thats cool ! I'm kinda doing the same

Attachments

• 124 062.jpg
    124 062.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 48
  • a 001.jpg
    a 001.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 49
Very nice! Similar idea to what I had. It appears to be very short. Are you going to put the top grill piece on top to get the stock height back, or is it pretty much done?

The grill is 16" tall. We a running a suicide front end and the grill will pretty much cover the front perch. If you will notice that I used the top three pieces of the top horizontal part of the original grill, had to eliminate the part that says Chevrolet due to its taper.

41 chopped up grille installed

Finally got the grille installed. Here is a picture of it tacked together and after is was installed.

Attachments

• zzzz 111.jpg
    zzzz 111.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 26
  • zzzz 139.jpg
    zzzz 139.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 53
grille mounting

The radiator slides down from the top and goes down the 1" square tubing between the grille and the core support. We're running an early model Mustang radiator

Attachments

• zzzz 109.jpg
    zzzz 109.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 20
  • zzzz 138.jpg
    zzzz 138.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back