41 dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your truck a lot. Guess it's because I have a '40 Plymouth truck. You did a good job on yours. Can you tell me more about removing part of the saddle?
I used the original frame but have a Mustang II front end, S-10 rear end and springs and a Chevy engine and transmission. So there's not much Mopar left under my truck either. Lots of people have made nice rides using the S-10 frame. No reason to hate that.

I had to remove it because of the fact the core support itself was wider than the s10 frame, so after the cab was mounted I bolted the fenders and nose to the truck without the core support and shipped it with jack stands from there I measured the top mounting bolt (where the nose bolts to the core support) to the top of the frame rail and cut my core support to length. Then I had to cut the drivers side and angle it around the gearbox

Last edited:
This its my favorite pix so far

Attachments

• 20130105_202825.jpg
    20130105_202825.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 23
what if?

Hi there. I'm a fan of the '39 to '47 Dodges, too. I have a motor, trans combo for you, that would calm the guys down, a Mopar 360 with a 727. It's in a Mercury of all things. The upside of these cross-make hotrods is that they fit into the budget better and they build character.
Nice patina, very nice.
Keep on tinkering.

Hi there. I'm a fan of the '39 to '47 Dodges, too. I have a motor, trans combo for you, that would calm the guys down, a Mopar 360 with a 727. It's in a Mercury of all things. The upside of these cross-make hotrods is that they fit into the budget better and they build character.
Nice patina, very nice.
Keep on tinkering.

Thank you for the compliments for now i'm gonna enjoy the Chevy combo just to keep on upsetting people after all there is no wrong way to build em as long as they don't get crushed

Latest posts

Back