'41 GMC rat rod build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my rearview mirror I was thinking of mounting it to the dash. But, I have a ways to go before I reach that point. Do you guys have any suspension ideas? I'm trying to use the leaf spring set up 'cause it was free, but I'm open to ideas.

'41 GMC Rat Rod

Well, didn't have much time tonight to work on the project. But, I did take a big step (at least for me) and cut the frame.:D I put the drums of both the front and rear axles 12" from the ground and then cut the frame a little ways in front of the shackle brackets. I did alot of measuring and double checking of the cab and my engine & tranny combo before I cut though. Anyways, I then raised up the rear of the frame until it was level and then lowered the front piece of frame until it was level. It worked out perfect. It was the look I was after. Now, I just need to weld it up.

Attachments

• IMG_7277.jpg
    IMG_7277.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7270.jpg
    IMG_7270.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7271.jpg
    IMG_7271.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7280.jpg
    IMG_7280.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7272.jpg
    IMG_7272.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 25
Check that dodge box out before you dedicate yourself to it. I had a 54 and the box was slop. I went through several and never found one that was any better. I finally fabbed up a Chevy 4x4 power steering on that truck.

Hey guys, sorry that there hasn't been much progress lately. But, I worked for a few hours last night pulling the front fenders, hood, grill etc. off of the GMC. I also didn't like how the frame looked so, I cut a foot out of it to make a shorter back end. I'll post some pics soon.

Latest posts

Back