429?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great cars had a 64 years ago. Looks like you will need to make the motor mounts for that car. C6 for a 429/460 should work,

if i had the fe i would stick with it but i do like the fe's better then the lima's. just something about the 390 and bigger fe's.

odie:D

im aware one reason why im thinking of the swap, the cruisomatic on the 390 is starting to go and i was thinking about a c6 swap, but for the effort/cost ive found 429s similarly priced with a tranny

One other engine did catch my, I'm kinda thinking about going to fuel injection... does anyone kno the dimensions of a triton v8/10?

not any that i have seen, unless your thinking about the 427/428 engines but their fe's. i know my 460/c6 is not the same as the fe.

odie :)
THe fe bell bolt pattern are in the circle. The 429/429 the top two bolt are a lot higher then the rest if the bolt pattern. THe bolt pattern on the 429/460 are the same as the 351/400 M motors.

Here a chart showing the Small block, 429/460 and the Fe bellhousing bolt pattern

Attachments

• Ford- bellhousings.jpg
    Ford- bellhousings.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 5
There were fuel injected 460s in pickups from about 1988 through 1997. Some things are different on them from the earlier 429/460 so study up if you plan to mix/match parts.
The V10 doesn't have much of a following as a transplant engine so you will kinda be on your own with that one.

THe fe bell bolt pattern are in the circle. The 429/429 the top two bolt are a lot higher then the rest if the bolt pattern. THe bolt pattern on the 429/460 are the same as the 351/400 M motors.

i have heard that on the 351/400 but never tried.

odie:)

Latest posts

Back