46 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidJ

Just got a 46 chevy pickup with a title hope to pick it up on sat. Truck has been taken apart a few years ago. Good news saves me a few steps. LOL Bad news the cab was stored outside laying on its back :( I will try and get some pictures to put on here when I get it home. May be some time before I get started on it I will put it in the shed and start collecting stuff for the build this one will be fun :D have some of the parts. Small block, truck 4 speed , 9in Rear-end, its good to be a pack rat.

Last edited:
I hope to get some ideas from here or the few shows I get too I am leaning more for at a rat rod.I have had hot rods/street rods and I am building a custom 54 chevy car have never had a rat rod one of the shows I get to every year is waylon there are always rat rods there. may build my frame and use up some parts I have and maybe talk my dad out of a few parts. LOL

I hope to get some ideas from here or the few shows I get too I am leaning more for at a rat rod.I have had hot rods/street rods and I am building a custom 54 chevy car have never had a rat rod one of the shows I get to every year is waylon there are always rat rods there. may build my frame and use up some parts I have and maybe talk my dad out of a few parts. LOL

I think the hardest thing to grasp when going from rod building to rat building is anything goes as long as it "looks" good . When you get done it does not have to look like everybody elses 46 , it will look like your 46 . Back of the cab should be the easiest place to replace some sheet metal The bottom will be covered with the bed,you will probably mail slot the rear window , and you will also probably chop the top , heck what is left of the back . Go for it , it will be the most FUN build you will ever do .Keep pics coming .

Didn't get it home today there will be a warmer day it was 4 degrees this wonderfull Iowa morning. If it was in one peace it would not be as bad but it will take a little while to load it in pieces we will wait for a warmer day.

Latest posts

Back