46 Pontiac 4 door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys the car is almost done. I took the car this weekend on it's first test drive and car show. Man can this thing fly!! After the show I had the customer ride back to the shop with me and on the way I pulled over and let him drive it for the first time. He had the biggest smile on his face and was laughing when he got on the gas..lol. When we got back he said that was the first time he had drove the car in 16 years.

All thats left it to finish the interior and home she goes.
46pontiac360.jpg

46pontiac361.jpg

Ok few more pictures of the Interior Im working on. Dont pick on me too much I have never done any Interior work in my life, this is the first. So far I have made a one piece suede head liner and put it in the car. I Still have to pull it tight to the sides and Install the windlace Im working on. Door panels are done and I also finished the Kick panels that hold the front speakers. O and all the Seats are done. I'll get more pictures tomorrow as I finish it up.

46pontiac365.jpg

46pontiac363.jpg

46pontiac364.jpg

46pontiac367.jpg

46pontiac371.jpg

46pontiac370.jpg

46pontiac372.jpg

46pontiac374.jpg

Interior is lookin' great, buddy. Good job.[cl

Lynn

Thanks buddy.

I started pulling the top to the sides today, still need to pull the rear more but its starting to look like some thing. I covered the front seat shell today, what a pain in the butt. Here are a few more pictures.

46pontiac375.jpg

46pontiac377.jpg

46pontiac376.jpg

Seat Shell
46pontiac369.jpg

46pontiac368.jpg

46pontiac378.jpg

46pontiac379.jpg

46pontiac380.jpg

Ok got the kick panels done and Installed with speakers. I also made a custom shifter boot cover for the lokar shifter. Next I sewed together some rear arm rest and put them in. I cant waite to get this thing done.

46pontiac382.jpg

46pontiac385.jpg

46pontiac384.jpg

46pontiac386.jpg

46pontiac383.jpg

Well guys the car is almost done. I took the car this weekend on it's first test drive and car show. Man can this thing fly!! After the show I had the customer ride back to the shop with me and on the way I pulled over and let him drive it for the first time. He had the biggest smile on his face and was laughing when he got on the gas..lol. When we got back he said that was the first time he had drove the car in 16 years.

All thats left it to finish the interior and home she goes.
Where was this car show? Looks vaguely familiar. [S

Cabin Fever Expo, Knoxville Tn
Thought so! The building looked familiar. I lived in Halls from 1964-1970. That was where the old Al Mart was located, which was one of the predecessors to the big box stores like Wally World, etc. Used to get all my HO car stuff there. Even though I have been gone 40+ years, I can still speak the language. (I had to translate for my wife the first time we went there).

I'm really enjoying this build! [P Looking forward to seeing how the interior works out.

Thought so! The building looked familiar. I lived in Halls from 1964-1970. That was where the old Al Mart was located, which was one of the predecessors to the big box stores like Wally World, etc. Used to get all my HO car stuff there. Even though I have been gone 40+ years, I can still speak the language. (I had to translate for my wife the first time we went there).

I'm really enjoying this build! [P Looking forward to seeing how the interior works out.

You got it, that was the old Al Mart. Thats were my mom and dad meet in there younger days.

Here are some more pictures of the Interior. I finished the rear tray and put the 6x9's in. Also put the rear seat in to see how its going to look, still have the seat belts to put in. I put the front door panels on and some of the trim. Over all its coming together. I hope to have it all done tomorrow.

46pontiac387.jpg

46pontiac388.jpg

46pontiac389.jpg

46pontiac394.jpg

46pontiac392.jpg

46pontiac391.jpg

WOW! Great job on all. You've done yourself proud on that interior for sure. Those 6 x 9's remind me of my High School days when everyone had to have rear seat speakers!

Ok Im almost 100% done with this thing. All I have left is to Install the Radio in the glove box and put the new dome light cover on when it gets here. So here are some pictures of the Interior. When it stops rainning I'll get some outside pictures and a sound video of the Exhaust.

46pontiac395.jpg

46pontiac397.jpg

46pontiac398.jpg

46pontiac399.jpg

46pontiac400.jpg

46pontiac405.jpg

46pontiac408.jpg

Latest posts

Back