47 plymouth 2 door sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazietj

Well I picked this beauty up not that long ago. It needs floors bad. almost all the ss is there, except for the driver side rocker, and one piece in the grill. I have a friend that said they have the grill piece for me, and the rockers I wont worry about. So I cleaned it out, and there was a little monster that lived in it, because there was some massive turds under all the leaves. i even found some small rib bones....

9e96537e.jpg

57c7f3c7.jpg

this is only a little bit, i had already cleaned out 2 55 gallon drums full of leaves and trash
untitled.jpg

my church going floors
untitled2.jpg

I know nothing about this motor, or what it has for a transmission. I tried to join p15-d24, but they have a registration question "what is a common name for a mopar engine with valves in the block?" I'm no motor head, but if i recall the only ones that have valves in the blocks are flat heads. well I tried l-head, flat head, all the # sizes and got nothing, I sent them a email about it, and never got a answer, I even sent a second one, and still know answer. so guess they don't want new people on there site. which is a shame, because there's alot of info I can learn on there. anyway, I'm going to try and get it to run, then pull it, and swap a 360, 727, and put a 8 3/4 rear in it from a fury.

59038_1629993952831_1326066051_31682418_2852722_n.jpg

the oldest ready to cruise

61667_1637088090180_1326066051_31698142_6736702_n.jpg

a black and white pic froma ny police car, i used to color, just to see what it may look like

2color.jpg

Looks like a solid car, I like the style of the ole plym's. Ya might try looking at the dodge bros website. Lots of good info on vintage engines like yours, if I recall, I think they were referred to as L-head engines, could be wrong

Thanks everyone. It was Flathead, i thought i did that with out a space, but must not of. or they had something broke, and it took someone to post it up and they fixed it. any who, thanks everyone. I mat run it with the 6 for a while if I can get it running. I may keep it patina ed for a while, but im not a huge fan of its looks like that

I'm toying with some options, a small chop on the front to kinda give it a front end rake. I am not even sure if its doable, but i kinda photo-chopped (gimp) to see what it would look like. Some people tell me that the plymouth sedans dont look right with chopped tops, I never seen one myself. I tried to search for one, with no luck. let me know what you think of this..

chopped47.jpg

Latest posts

Back