'48 Olds

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam, you've done a fantastic job on the build![cl....I am also amazed at how quickly you have completed such a large scale project.....my hat is off to you!:D...cr

The outside shots are awesome. The picture effects and the lead-filled body work kind of make it feel like this happened "back in the day".

Great job! :)

And one more of a bum standing next to it aired out for height comparison.

attachment.php

Geesh, I go away for the weekend and look what I missed!:eek: Man that thing is SWEET!

Sam, you inspire me!:eek:......and everyone else too I bet:D

Sam, Do you happen to know Kelly Coffield from Davenport? He is into Ford products & is an expert on the infamous Ford Inline carb.

Pretty sure I've heard the name, but don't know him. Gotta figure Davenport is 100,000 pop. and the quad-city area is about 300,000+.

The outside shots are awesome. The picture effects and the lead-filled body work kind of make it feel like this happened "back in the day".

Well, besides the MIG, I'm using nothing more than they woulda had. Except for the best tools of all - the internet and RRR!

Decided to finish up my exhaust today instead of hitting the wiring.

Here is my 'tailpipe' - 5 1-1/8" tubes. Anything bigger would get smashed when I slam it (I still have a inch to shave of the rockers) and I needed at least five tubes to keep the flow large enough.

attachment.php

And a pic of the Cutlass wiring harness I salvaged. Most of it will disappear but I'll at least use the fuse box and the light harnesses.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP0637a.jpg
    IMGP0637a.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMGP0645a.jpg
    IMGP0645a.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 214
Wasn't hard to tell that was going to be sweet from the inside pics..but wow, I'm blown away..awesome work

You know how much I love this car but I don't like the pipes...if it were mine I would split the exhaust into two double pipes, one on each side frenched into the rockers (at an angle).

if it were mine I would split the exhaust into two double pipes, one on each side frenched into the rockers (at an angle).

I did the same thing on a 40 willy's with a blown 502. cut an oval hole in the rocker just infront of the rear fender. made an oval tip from a 3" 90* bend and had it stick out about 1/4". looked cool. [P

Wow! It really looks good outside where you could get a photo from further back to capture the profile. You've got to keep that bum away from your car though :D

You know how much I love this car but I don't like the pipes...if it were mine I would split the exhaust into two double pipes, one on each side frenched into the rockers (at an angle).

Since it lays frame, I'm real limited how I can run the pipe unless I go into the cabin. If it helps, I will be moving the whole exhaust an inch or so forward, so they will be tucked under a little more.

I like it E-man! I'm not into funk though, so I think I might go with Freddy Five Pipes or Frankie Five Pipes.... that's more of a mob name than Indian.... I might have to get a fedora....

wow

wow not sure how i missed this build but that car is bad a**ed i cannot wait to see it done. that thing is big, low and mean looking as hell. i was thinking i might drop my truck off and let you chop the top lol. i chopped a 2 door car and a truck years ago and that was enough for me i think thats why i havent fully committed my self to chopping the top on my truck. i couldnt imagine doing a top that big and with 4 doors man you are one patient man. looks great keep up the good work.

Thanks Ratchet!

Finally got a picture worthy update. I wired the whole car. Kind of a partial job since I don't have all the dash switches worked out. So I used a light switch from a Ford truck and generic ignition switch temp mounted. All I need now is mount the rear plate light and the radiator fan and I think it'll be safe and legal - electricity wise.

There is a lot more I want to do eventually - I enjoy electrical work.

But the big news is - I finally fixed that broken headlight!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP0650a.jpg
    IMGP0650a.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 213

Latest posts

Back