'48 Olds

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that thing just gets cooler and cooler Sam! Hate that you missed taking it to Tourque Fest but hey, you're going to be cruising this summer man while I'm sitting in my truck making engine noises.........which just got harder to do since I took the cab off :eek:
By the way, in my garage there's so much crap on the walls I see something every now and then that I forgot I had and while working in there today I noticed I have a pair of '49-50 Chevy tail light bezels hanging on the wall. So if you're interested in matching up with your passenger side light let me know.....may have lenses too but I'd have to dig and see.

Ya got bumped

Sam -- I really like the 'Wino' shot of your car and set it as the desktop pic/screensaver on my work computer. The weekend guys come in my office and sleep on the night shift, and I got so many complaints I had to bump you back and put the 'Salt Flats Chick' back on. I gotta admit--if you wake up in the middle of the night--who do ya want starin atcha?

You did get your 15 mins of fame around here though, but all is fleeting. "We have not far to fly and lo, the bird is on the wing"

You wuz a star for a while.

PA41

Attachments

• IMGP0620A.jpg
    IMGP0620A.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 119
  • SaltFlatRatRodPinUp.jpg
    SaltFlatRatRodPinUp.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 105
Loving the build, great work! I was thinking of a four door project myself having kids and such, and had envisioned something almost identical to yours, but my limited metalworking skills and seeing what the chop involves, I may have to go another direction lol. Maybe a mid thirties to mid forties four door with the suicide rear doors and not chop it until I get some more experiance i don't know, but thanks for the tech and pictures I am learning a lot since I joined just going through all these build threads. Looks wicked, low, long and mean, love it. Mac

Not much time to spend on the Olds lately. I've been slowly been hacking away at it though. I got all the lead on one side finally. It's getting easier as I go. Next time I'm going to use leadless solder so I can sand it to finished.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP1541a.jpg
    IMGP1541a.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 272
  • IMGP1548a.jpg
    IMGP1548a.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 270
Not too much going on that's picture worthy. I got the front step plates (under the door bulges) back on and all the chrome back on. Went on vacation for 2 weeks, but came back and started driving it to work. (Had to move my truck after a week and the hood looks soooo short on it now)

Found the front tires were tearing at the fenders when I turned, so bent the wheel well lips under better and decided to put my RRR sticker (Thanks Tripper) on the rear window, but decided it was too small - I think I put it on the dash.

And I put a poll up - so far everyone says I like coolest cruisin' with my elbow out - very important stuff ya know! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I've been thinking about washing it (I never have except for where I weld). I am torn - the dirt adds a certain patina that I'll never get back. Undecided....
IMGP9888a.jpg

attachment.php

lots of summer stuff to do, but I did install the rear view mirror in a useable place. Next I'm gonna deal with shocks, cause I'm tired of bouncing around.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP0012a.jpg
    IMGP0012a.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 277
And I thought I went over board

Finaly getting around in site. I do have to say the car is to cool:cool: thats a ton of welding going on there[;) Looking good[cl

Just finished reading through your build thread and it got me wanting to get my 41 Olds out of the weeds and get started on it. Nice work on the car, I think it looks super cool.

Thanks for all the positive comments fellas! Not much going on right now besides scaving for parts. I've got a line on a couple of V8 radiators and I just snagged these from E-bay - a pair of very elusive one year only 1948 Olds tail lights in perfect condition! (for a rat rod ;))
attachment.php

Now I only need one more...

Attachments

• IMGP2628a.jpg
    IMGP2628a.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 186

Latest posts

Back