49 1/2 ton spindles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycho Kustoms

is there a difference between 48 and 49 Ford 1/2 ton spindles? im going to look at a drop axle from a 49 ford,its got leafs like a chevy axle,but it has gm rotors on it.i looked at speedway and they only list up to 48.the problem is it has no calipers so I need to find out witch ones are used.any help would be great!!

Last edited:
No, there is no difference between a '48 and '49 Ford light truck. They are both F-1 and the same from '48-'52. However there is a difference between '48 passenger car and '49 truck, so that is probably where your confusion is coming in. Someone could also have put passenger car spindles on your truck axle as well, so it depends on what you have really. You are saying calipers, so I am assuming someone has put disc brake rotors on it? If that is the case then the spindles won't matter - you will need a caliper to fit whatever the rotor is off of. Most of the disc conversions are usually a GM style. There are plenty of parts available for either setup. Pics would help...

Latest posts

Back