49-53 Chevy Lock Q?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know of any, but I bet you could make one work from the other side. Key would probably end up upside down, and turn backwards.

I don't know of any, but I bet you could make one work from the other side. Key would probably end up upside down, and turn backwards.

Yep ,that should work ,but i believe it can be pulled out and put on the other side too but not for sure. will try to find out .

Checked all the places I get parts from & I couldn't find a kit to put a lock in the drivers door. If the truck has push button door handles (52-53) then you could put a lock cyl in place of the push button.

I think you are going to have to make something work. If memory serves me right, back in the day; you wold push the inside door handle down to lock the door then slide out the passenger side. I guess you weren't supposed to go into traffic to get in your vehicle.

Checked all the places I get parts from & I couldn't find a kit to put a lock in the drivers door. If the truck has push button door handles (52-53) then you could put a lock cyl in place of the push button.

i think i remember someone trying that (i have locks and turn handles) and they said it just doesnt quite work....

i thought of putting the lock upside down on the drivers side but i thought i also heard of someone having trouble... thanks for the help guys ill definitely try it out and let you know

Latest posts

Back