49 Hooker!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlmightyCrash

Welcome to the thread for my latest build. I'm really excited about it. I have so much planned.
This is my 1949 Chevy 2 ton tow truck as I took delivery. Check back often as changes take place. ��
C7E94CD3-3377-4EFD-B771-26299B22FA47.png_zpsyjcilsyw.jpeg

C6106A90-4DDA-4844-B454-A118922502CA_zpsvszbfw4j.jpg

9CDE6959-9EC3-4315-9ADE-FA3811F17072_zpsiishft84.jpg

53F3E106-8C1B-4C6B-BBB9-46F1E61E0F3F_zps83hjauxb.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you made it over here AlmightyCrash. I saw your thread on the Pork that got deleted, and commented on the thread about why it got deleted as to why I no longer start any threads over there. . I was going to tell ya about this site, but see you found it on your own! Welcome, you'll fit right in here![cl

Tell us how you did the paint. I need to make my top look like that.

I rattle canned a cobalt blue over it, applying it heavier in places I wanted to stay blue, and thinner in places I wanted original paint or metal to show through.
Then I took a blending pad and (by hand) removed the shine from all of the new paint, then went back and wore down the areas I wanted more paint gone and more metal showing. This process also removed the heavy surface rust without removing the rust color, leaving the body smooth.

If you don't have access to a blending pad, a large red scotch brite will work...it will just take a little longer to create the smooth transitions.

I am digging it. You going to use it as a tow rig or primarily just a hot rod?

I definitely plan on it having the appearance of a tow rig, but have yet to decide if I want it to be functional. I'm kinda leaning toward oversized cable and rigging that would be too large to still function in a towing capacity.
Plus, if I sell the winch, I'll have more money to put into the truck.

Latest posts

Back