4th of July Darwin Award winner!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hold my beer….watch this!!!"

I have this feeling no one in Calais, Maine was surprised over this. I have to think this guy had a long history of STUPID prior to this brilliant idea.

I've had some industrial size fireworks before and I don't see how exactly this happened. If he put the tube on his head and put the mortor in the tube it should of just burned him real bad at most. He must of put it in upside down or something ignore for it to explode on his head and do enough damage to kill him instantly.

I've had some industrial size fireworks before and I don't see how exactly this happened. If he put the tube on his head and put the mortor in the tube it should of just burned him real bad at most. He must of put it in upside down or something ignore for it to explode on his head and do enough damage to kill him instantly.

I'm betting there was no tube used. Simply placed on his head and lit. I see no other way for this to happen.

Nature has a way of picking them out. I blame warning stickers for most of them getting as old as they do. [ddd

I'm just not quite understanding it either. Sounds like it pretty much destroyed his head but they don't blow up the cardboard launch tube when you shoot them. Must have been a short fused load that blew up on the launch pad.

I'm betting there was no tube used. Simply placed on his head and lit. I see no other way for this to happen.

It says that he used the tube. At least that's the way I understand it.

"Staples, 22, of Calais, a small city on the Canadian border, placed a reloadable fireworks mortar tube on his head and told his friends he was going to light it, McCausland said. But his friends urged him to stop."

It was the sudden downward force it takes to send a ball of stuff skyward. How much does one of those mortars weigh? It was probably like getting hit in the head with a fully swung sledge hammer!

It was the sudden downward force it takes to send a ball of stuff skyward. How much does one of those mortars weigh? It was probably like getting hit in the head with a fully swung sledge hammer!

The ones I've had are lucky to weigh 2 lbs and are probably the size of a baseball.

That's what I was thinking, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Between the booze and the bang he wouldn't even know it happened.

Latest posts

Back