4wd s10 chassis for a 50s car?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50studechamp

Has anyone seen a Gen 2 4wd s10 frame under a 1950s ish car? I've done a lot of research on how much it can be lowered and all the dimentions. It'll fit. I'd just like to see an example. Anyone got pics or know of someone doing this swap? I'm afraid of the frame being too tall under the doors and looking goofy. They are 6'' tall in that section. I have access to a free one thats why I'm asking. Thanks For your input!

I just started stripping a 89 S-10 4x4 to use on a 51 Chev pickup.
Not sure the difference between 1st gen and 2nd but I most people had said to use the 1st gen. Should have it stripped by next week and will take some pics of it beside a stripped 2wd frame of the same generation. I know that does not answer your question but sometimes seeing something will trigger different opinions and make ya think.

Thanks for the replys. I'll wait for those pics. I think the gen 2s just have a taller frame that might be harder to tuck/hide under the body.

Thanks for the replys. I'll wait for those pics. I think the gen 2s just have a taller frame that might be harder to tuck/hide under the body.

Sorry for the wait, but the 2wd drive frame is at the back of my place and the 4wd frame is in my garage. In between is some wet clay that has to dry up some before I can drag them side by side and take pics. Will post as soon as it is dry enough.

Latest posts

Back