50 chevy pickup build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonegonzo

OK Rodders . I have a question .

I'm building a fenderless 50 Chevy pickup . To expedite the build for this summer coming , I plan to use the original chassis and enjoy the truck while I build a custom chassis for it .

The original chassis has a NOVA front clip and I'm getting ready to cut the back off for the rear sub frame .

I'm concerned that the A FRAMES will set the front wheels too close to the firewall to get the look I want . Has anyone ever set the cab back on a chassis about 8 inches to accommodate the A FRAMES ?

Thx
Gonzo

Give us some more info or pics.
Not having done this exact thing, all I can speak to are some generality's.
You may have to deal with things like steering shaft length and angle. As well as pedal placement. Which could be tricky if you are still using the truck "thru the floor" pedals.
Hopefully some one else will chime in.
Torchie.

I have problems sending pics on my computer . I don't know why , just not computer savy .

Anyway . the cab is stripped out without not pedals or steering which both will be modified anyway .

I was concerned as to the looks only where the front wheels will be too close to he firewall making the truck look stubby instead of the front wheels extended . I was wondering if I could move the cab rearward on the frame 8 to 10 inches to make it more cosmetic ?

Has anyone done this ?

Thx
Gonzo

Now that you mention it, I think there were a couple guys on here who had moved the cab back, I can't remember who's build it was but I remember hearing/seeing it on a couple builds on here, or at least one... Since you posted in the Q&A section you may spark someone's memory on here where they can link you to the build.

Latest posts

Back