50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh... yea, I think they will be doing this [S[S[S anyhow!

Yea, I looked at red base, but I like the ivory better... I dunno its growing on me, cause that off white/ivory/bone color was pretty popular in the 50s for roofs, and accent stripes, etc..

Small news, sold the Van frame, and rear springs & shocks to make enough cash to buy 4 tires for the daily driver [cl[cl

This week, hopefully making some big progress on the frame, and getting the rear tires mounted for the rat... hoping to get the frame home next weekend.

some be

Hey Dr, your project is looking great. I have been so busy I haven't had a lot of time to get on line and check it out. but had a look today and its come a long way. [P

I got some time in on mine today. Now I BBQ some beef ribs and relax. :)

gold03

Hey on your rear wheel issue, have you thought of running 3" long 1/2" wheel studs and putting a 1/2" spacer behind them? I am not a huge fan of spacers but if was a machined unit that centered on the axle hub and wheel it would be ok. Just a thought...[;)

though I suppose it is just easier to move the sway bar mount...

Yea, I could, not a fan of spacers.
I have not decided what to do just yet. I have longer studs in already for the weld wheels.
We will see.

Getting the fish plates going, all the flat plates are tacked in, need to bend the rest tomorrow or wednesday... Also looking at an RV fridge tomorrow to see about putting it in the trunk of the rat :D

On to pics
557479_3972879154220_1691104806_n.jpg

390483_3972868393951_875858732_n.jpg

295218_3972866993916_425354685_n.jpg

400ish lbs filled ain't bad... Hey, when I can go 900+ miles on one tank, I'll be the one laughing =)
Especially since gas just went up to $4.19 a gallon here...

Frame is looking very cool.....

Nice work DR.... I'm diggin the propane thing......[cl You made a good if not extra cool choice.... :D

Holy Crap....

Thing is a bit bigger than I thought.... got a spot laid out for it already???
or will it be between the rails or along them..? Probably a stupid question...

Heh, read above, I'm getting a different tank and swapping over...
The new tank is supposed to be 20" diameter x 50" long... it will go where the rear poncho seat should be... sideways, I'll have mounting pads on the frame for it.

Small update, got all the fish plates bent up on the press brake today, ground off the slag fitted them, and tack welded then all in, hoping to finish weld all the stuff friday and bring it home saturday.

Tomorrow I plan on taking the wheels up and getting the tires put on for the rear of the truck.
Hopefully I am not required to run tubes in M/T Sportsmans... I really do not want tubes.

We will see what they say I dropped off the wheels and tires today, I can't seem to find what tubes I should run, the 29 x 18.5 x 15 don't seem to fall into the ranges they specify for tubes on Mickey Thompson's site...

Someday when I have the loot I'll switch to a true street radial and be done with the bs tubes...

Latest posts

Back