51 F1 I had since 95 just got to it!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadanimal

I've had this truck since 95 just before I joined the AF. I had built the motor and just set it in the frame then left for basic.
I just got it on the road this July.....
Here is what I started with in Jan 2010
DSCF0529.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF0528.jpg
[/IMG]
The dash had been butchared over the years, but not too bad.
DSCF1052.jpg
[/IMG]

51 F1 build

Seat bracket for a 07 colorado donor with just the right colors.
DSCF1053.jpg
[/IMG]
Motor I built so long ago waiting to be run!
DSCF1054.jpg
[/IMG]

Some clearance issues to be corrected later, move brake booster up. Father had installed before proper placement of motor.
DSCF1056.jpg
[/IMG]

Welded up floor and sprayed on some bed liner to seal it up a bit and give it a tough look.
DSCF1067.jpg
[/IMG]

Sprayed the running boards too. much better than paint!
DSCF1073.jpg
[/IMG]

Got the dash worked back pretty good.
DSCF1072.jpg
[/IMG]

Deadanimal

Yeah, thought about that one. I need some more of the square tubing to add a little more riggidity to them. I think I need to raise them a bit too. after driving around a bit it seems low.
Or just chop it!

Deadanimal

I could not flip them around for alignment and clearance issues. Still working on brace ideas to still be able to have storage room under the seat area...

Got most of the inside done here,
DSCF1078.jpg
[/IMG]
Damn epoxy primer stayed somewhat soft for a long time, maybe from AZ heat. I don't know but it was annoying...
DSCF1083.jpg
[/IMG]

Came together pretty nicely though
DSCF1088.jpg
[/IMG]

Great build ! I really like the idea of spraying bedliner material on the running boards. Ive tried glueing on various rubber coverings on custom boards and they always bubble up in the sun.
Keep the pics coming !

Brought it to England with me! And just after I started the build I blew up my daily driver 58 beetle. my dad said the #3 wrist pin broke in it.

51 F1 is way cooler to drive over here than a bug would be.

Still got stuff to do to it but it's drivable!

That 58 Beetle would be a cool one over here...

Been drivin it for about 15 yrs and loved it, but I could only ship one vehicle with me to the UK. I will be back in about 4 yrs and drivin it again along with building the motor and trans for the Olds.

Can't wait for that one..

Latest posts

Back