51 Merc Monarch Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

Installed
50.jpg

nice build!!! i have a 49 monarch 4dr , that is just sitting and waiting for me to get to it..... if i dont sell it before i get to it! lol!!! that happens to me once in a while:rolleyes:

Attachments

• ty's 9th birthday and T roadster 060.jpg
    ty's 9th birthday and T roadster 060.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
Donor cars

I put a 1969 Mustang body on a 1972 Ford LTD with a 460 cu inch engine, coil springs in rear, 9inch axel c6 tranny, The swap was easy as ford didn't change much over the years the steering , shifter, brakes etc a;; came within inches of the original stuff. of course I had to replace most of the floors that were shot and i needed openings to welded to the frame members. As I remember i shortened the frame by 18 inches or so with 2x4 inch steel tubing I had lying around. Ended up in the junk yard after i left it out one night and a freak rain storm rusted the new body parts thoroughly with Rust. I blew my lid and off it went to the junk yard, I still see it there when I go there.. heheeh

Yeah the wings can go either way but kinda digg'n then at the moment haha.

Any what got some updates figured I'd spare everyone the bondo pics with all the sanding and smearing..... so lets fast forward to primer.

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

Now we get to commence the block sanding haha but think we are taking a little break from it right now and I'm going to giver on the roadster for a little.

I usually don't like that style of chop, but Wow! That looks good. I think the wings are too long and throw off the window proportions, at least the rears. Not noticeable unless it's pointed out.

Oh been a while but slowly plugging away on the Merc slowly finishing the outside starting on the interior. Esther picked up some tires and wheels about a month ago I found some porta walls from a friend. Slowly getting there.

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

WOW! that is about as sweet a 4 door as I have ever seen! The porportions are just right and the way the rear doors open suicide is just neat. I'm In![P

Thanks guys.

Well got the interior almost done just waiting for glass.

70.jpg

Also made some sill plates had to make a filler plate also as the carpet didn't quite fit with the new body.
71.jpg

72.jpg

Also got a getto headliner in, also gives me lots of head room..
73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

Also gave sewing another shot getting there but do need a better sewing machine for sure.
76.jpg

77.jpg

Latest posts

Back