52 king pins????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's like doing 49-54 spindles, the kit comes with bushings, kingpins, thrust washers,shims, and kingpin retainers. Some other misc parts like Jesus clips and dust covers come in the kit too. The Ford ones come with pretty much the same parts, but the difference I have seen is that the bushings need honed after installing them, the Chevys slide in and don't need honed after that.

Never done exactly the ones you are describing but I bet they are very similar.

Don

Thanks don ! i been told that i may have to ream out the chevy ones too ?
Man i hope not ,i havent done it before? NO one aruond here seems to know how?

On Fords I just take the new bushings and kingpins to the local machine shop and let them do them. They just have to hone the bushings for a light press fit. On the two Chevy axle setups we have (49-54 car spindles) the bushings are a looser fit in the spindle and sort of just pushed out, and since the new ones just pushed back in they don't get distorted and require honing.

I only assume the truck ones of that era work the same way?

Don

a friend up the road had to have his hones out in his 49 chevy truck, they didnt seem to fit right until that was done, not sure if that helped but ehh i try.

loner

Ive done some on a 51,no honing needed,the right side came out fairly easy,the left was a diffarent story,it was pain,used a big hammer and a air hammer and a few choice words

Latest posts

Back