52 Olds 98 Holiday Deluxe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmyjoe Jimbob

Here's a couple of pics of the ol girl.

A little history: Car came to MN from Texas in pieces about 6 years ago. Previous owner powdercoated the back sides of all the body parts he could get off. Solid throughout with original 303 Rocket V8/hydramatic. 113k miles. Recently did some research and discovered there are only 48 of this model registered in the U.S. Three are located in Iowa. I imagine there are more around, but just aren't "registered" for road use.

100_0814.jpg

100_0817.jpg

100_0818.jpg

My 52 Olds, club brothers own the 35 Chev and Ranchero next to mine.
Taken at Frankensteiner's Ball mid-October 07.
100_0887.jpg

Very nice JimmyJoe. I really like it...............except for those lame hubcaps. Perhaps you should remove them and send them to me :D Just kidding of course.

Kool!

JimmyJoe,
Sweet ride there... thanks for posting!!! What ya got under the hood there!?!?

BoB

Cool car JJJ. How did you go about finding out how many were registered?

I'm not sure what the process was for finding that out. I got that information from a guy who was selling two 52's on ebay and had emailed him about it. He has a 52 Olds 98 vert and a 98 Holiday coupe (which is what mine is). His are both totally restored, but were pristine to begin with and had been in his family since they were purchased new.

So....I can't "verify" (easily) the accuracy of that. I suppose one could contact the local DMV. You "might" get lucky and find somebody there who would know what the process for searching U.S. registrations is. I also imagine they will charge for that info.

BTW....pretty sure mine will be up for sale in the Spring. There's a "feeler ad" here It won't be listed at carcass price though. My insurance company appraised it when I bought it 3 (going on 4) years ago at $16,500. I'll start asking $13,500 for it and "negotiate" when the time comes. I'd like to move on to the next car on my list of many that I need to own before I'm too old.

Last edited:
WhooHee, brings back memories of when I was a kid. My Aunt and Uncle had one. They lived in Reedley, Ca. Temps there, during the summer, got to 116. Always had a canvas water bag hanging on front when they went on long trips into Fresno.

Last edited:
Novice needs help...

Okay so I'm a newbie and a brit to boot...

I'm just getting the hang of all the terms 'n' names you guys use... but what do you call the style of the red 'n' white grafix on your Olds - which is great btw I've always been a fan of '50s american iron, great lines.

Okay so I'm a newbie and a brit to boot...

I'm just getting the hang of all the terms 'n' names you guys use... but what do you call the style of the red 'n' white grafix on your Olds - which is great btw I've always been a fan of '50s american iron, great lines.

I call them scallops. But have been told by rodders older than me (I'm 52) that it's also sometimes considered an early style of flame.

Latest posts

Back