53-55 Ford truck frame swaps?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckp

As some of you guys & gals know I saved a 55 F600 cab & fenders, what frame other than stock would fit under it? I repeat I do not have the stock frame!
S10's around are kinda hard to find (mostly 4x4's), so I'm looking for ideas for a replacement frame. I don't have the room to make my own either (nor most of the tool needed) I know the front fender openings are bigger than f100's I'll cross that bridge when I get there, I'm just planning for now.

Attachments

• bigF.jpg
    bigF.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 103_0357.jpg
    103_0357.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 15
Did the original get scrapped or something? I have a really clean 53 ford cab that I thought about using a one ton chassis under and building some sort of a wrecker bed for.

Did the original get scrapped or something? I have a really clean 53 ford cab that I thought about using a one ton chassis under and building some sort of a wrecker bed for.
Yeah, the stock frame was junked-part of the reason I got it so cheap

url] [I]There was a member here wh...uldn't find it in the searches.[/B]:confused:

have seen a few trucks done on 2wd Dakota frames.

perfect width for older trucks, has rack and pinion, power disc brakes.

unless you want to go fenderless with suicide front end, then I would build a custom frame from rectangular tubing.

Latest posts

Back