53 Dodge build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great minds

think alike:D

l too have a glass bottle , Jack Daniels 0ld #7, for a overflow catch device & a aluminum fuel tank in the bed:eek:

Later :cool:

Haven't posted in a while, been pretty busy. The truck is almost finished and been to a few cruise ins. Currently it is in shop for a transmission rebuild. Then I have to get windshield glass cut. If anyone is interested I can post more pics. Really starting to have a lot of fun with the truck.:D

Hey Moline

Yes please post up some current pictures....I love the looks of these old PilotHouse Dodge trucks...They have a lot of character for sure...Mopars of that era have a style all unto their own....

MikeC

Most current pic I have. Will get more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 104
Wicked truck!! makes me think that I gotta get crackin on mine. '91 Dakota frame 318 5 speed. Hope mine turns out half as nice as yours. Thanks for sharing. [cl

Thanks. Been working on it about a year and a half. Its got an S10 frame and 327/350 combo. Really happy with how its turned out. Still have to get a windshield installed, mines cracked pretty bad on the driver side. Thanks for the compliments.

multiple posts, is that a cheap way to up the post count[S

man oh man is that cool lookin', those wheels & tires are SPOT on :D:D if'en we were closer l'd love to get a couple of side by side pics of our Pilothouse's.

so glad ya didn't go with the whitewalls, what size rear & front wheel/tire combo?

Later :cool:

Last edited:
275/60-15 on 15x10 on rear
205/60-15 on 15x7 on front

Thanks for the compliments. I'm actually debating on selling it and looking for a old car so my family can all cruise. Haven't brought myself to sell it yet though. Got too much blood sweat and tears in it.

Some pics after I did my door art

Your truck really turned out great!!
If I ever run across one in really solid condition I'm gonna build one with the original stock look other than a mild chop, a 440 dodge engine and a 727 trans.

You're spot on with the stance. Ride on!

Thanks for compliments guys. I'm kinda looking for a late 50's or early 60's impala or belair. Would trade for the right one.

Decided to keep the truck for now. Too much blood, sweat, and tears in it. Getting geared up for the redneck rumble in Tennessee in September.

Hey Molinerat

Glad you decided to keep it....I have a 1953 Chevy (my avatar) that I got sick of working on I was ready to sell it too...then my wonderful wife says...just push it outside and take a break...that was December of 2011...I am just about ready to pull it back inside and try to finish it...

thanks for the update...

MikeC

Thanks. I believe I'll be glad I kept it. And for another update....got my jute pad and carpet done this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back