53 zombus

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobillie drew

So I found this gal on craigslist for 3000. she was sitting on top of a mountain in the rockies near pikes peaK. We towed her home which was kind of sketched coming down the mountain, the weight of the burb kept pushing us down the dirt road.
IMG_1163.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1161.jpg
IMG_1160.jpg

It looked like she was green outside before someone painted her blue, inside was mixed rolled gold and hunter green. lol.. ugly?!?!? she only had her front 60/40 bench, floor replaced with oem by the miner who owner her. she still has the 235 with a stock saginaw 4 speed so she dosent fly like our hemi but thats ok with me, for now.
IMG_1197.jpg
IMG_1198.jpg
IMG_1199.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg
IMG_1202.jpg

i got right to sanding her down and primer. $60 later
photo11.jpg

So while looking for a share or magenta to paint her inside at homedepot, we came across a gallon of cement porch enamel with non skid in it. I figured this would hide flaws and we dug the color and marked down from 30 to 6 bucks, it looked like a sign to me.
DSCN2001.jpg
i made door panels out of scraped entertainment centers i found in our apt complex. painted them for now till we find the right leopard fabric to do the panels and the seats.
photo9.jpg

The headliner is supposed to be cardboard, and its available, but I figured id spray the ceiling now and worry about a head liner Found a Ol k5 bench for the middle and a pair of 70 blazer buckets for $20 that i faced out the rear. My gal hates the seats but I keep assuring hey its gonna rock at the drive in or cars shows. when everyone eles has to bust out a folding chat I just open the barn doors
DSCN2004.jpg
photo10.jpg
photo12.jpg

thanks man, do you get alot of grief for your green rod? Ive had ppl tell me they hate it, but I figure they dont have to sit in it right?

Latest posts

Back