'54 Studebaker project start

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrent

One of my favorite forums - so much good info, cool cars
Not sure where this is going

It was set up as a tow truck - used on the track (Or so the story that came with it goes). At some point had a SBC put in. I've got a bed (which was made into a trailer) coming. The rear frame on the truck needs work - I'll cut the one out from under the bed/trailer and Camaro clip the front.
Current ideas/plans lowered, some '70's style mags - make a driver of it.
Here's a previously owned

Wheels for new one

It'll be awhile before I get to the drive train - all the while keeping an eye out for the right motor.
A stude V8 would rock!

54 Stude sbc engine

I once had a '65 Stude Daytona with a 283 ci Studebaker V-8. Of course it was really a factory install of a 283 sbc from GM Canada, but it had Studebaker valve covers and air cleaner. Find those parts and putt'em on your sbc and that way it could stay. That's a great looking truck. I like it. :) TLJ

I've proclaimed 2016 - the year I finally start taking the Studebaker apart and putting it back together. Been gathering parts, cleaning up and assessing what's there, determining what to do. Settled on and purchased '78 Camaro subframe, started the build of a mid-'80's 454 Chevy - going to go bored and stroked to right at 490 cubes. Not going racing, just pushing a brick through the air.
FC02FA6E-87CE-411B-82B8-30E9722BF22A_zpsyf27owo3.jpg
[/

Latest posts

Back