56 Chevy...Not a build thread...YET

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoddingRon

A man in his natural habitat....a Studebaker
Since BigShem posted pics of the pickup, I figured I'd post a couple pics of the 56 wagon I got in our trade. First thing I had to do was made arrangements to keep my Studebaker at my friends house, so I can free up the garage I rent to work on the 56. I haven't really done anything to it yet, but I did get a dropped spindle and disc brake kit that I'll install after I get the rest of the stuff to rebuild the frontend (A frame bushings and tie rod ends). Hopefully next weekend I can get it to the garage and start ripping and tearing.

This was the day after I picked it up. BigShem had started converting it to a sedan delivery, but I'm leaning toward returning it to the wagon...mostly because it has roll down windows in the rear seat area...which I think is really cool for a 2 door wagon

PB098269.jpg

Were it is now (hopefully until next weekend)

PC278456.jpg

PC278454.jpg

And here is what I'm hoping the motor (350 LT1) trans (460L) and disc brake rear (3.42 posi) are coming out of. I say hoping because the holidays have depleted the extra funds and some extra money I was owed, hasn't showed up yet (surprize, surprize)...he's a good guy and being patient, but....

PB228288.jpg

ah Ron it was good to see the old girl..... she really is solid car your gonna have a blast with her.... and she's getting a z-1 package toboot.... awsome.... definatly keep me updated on her.....if theres anything you to know about her you know how to get ahold of me..... i'll ya that glass place too... for the rear glass.... also those post for the windows are in the car they just have to tacked back in.....all i can say is wow i'm glad to see her... when we get done our builds we'll hook up and go for a beer in them!!!!! cant wait....[cl

Latest posts

Back