58 willys

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wetwilly

I am here on a small island in south central Alaska, where sihpping cost more than life itself! My build is a 58 willys pickup, I have z'd the back half , boxed frame, channeled the cab, bobbed the bed. I have a sbc 350/th400 combo. I plan to 4 link and bag the rear, and a 4" or 6" chop once I get some nuts to start cutting. I am working on what front axle to use, and if I should give speedway and ups every last dime ive got? thanks for all the priceless info, ive searched alot of sites but I keep comming back here.

Attachments

• willy.jpg
    willy.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 37
Welcome to RRR, this really is a cool place to hang out! Lots of knowledge and ideas shared here everyday.
I really like your truck but then again I'm a bit biased :D Here's my '53 with a six inch chop......

Testdrive4-26-11Large.jpg

...leaves an eight inch windshield and a three inch back glass and there is plenty of head room left. I'd do at least a six inch chop and if I were to do another one I'd probably try a seven or eight but that's just me :D
It's good to have another Willys on the board, looking forward to following your build.

Here's a link to my build thread if you're interested.
http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17318

Welcome to RRR from Missouri. Was in Alaska for a couple weeks in 2008 and had a great time. If I lived there I would have to adjust my junk collecting ways as I didn't see much loose stuff laying around. Like your rod and hope you can find the parts you need.
Jim

Somedays?

Some days I wonder why I am so obsessed, what is it? Then I think why does this **** cost so much? Then I tink its just a FUNKIN willys fer god sakes! then I go on to what needs to get done next.

I happy to see im not the only Alaskan interested in Rat rods.

There are a couple Willys out here in Bethel I want to chop when ever I see them.

Are there any places to pick parts on Kodiak? In Bethel you can sneak into the city dump to pull parts. There are a couple hundred cars and trucks there waiting to get crushed.

we got an auto salvage yard here, but the problem is that everything is 80's and newer. All the good old stuff is crushed and gone, or what i do find around is so rotted out from salt that its not worth it.

Latest posts

Back