6 Lug to 5 Lug conversion

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durty Forty

Okay here is my dilemma.. My 40 chevy sedan already has a 5 lug rearend.. But the front end is still the original 6 Lug.. Does anyone know the cheapest way to convert it to 5? I know theres kits for this swap.. But is there anything I could swap from my local junkyard? If this or something similar has been posted.. Sorry! I couldnt find it! [S

Why? Nothing wrong with having different bolt patterns front and rear. Most rods have different sized tires front and rear anyway. Beyond that, MY local junkyard doesn't have anything from before the 90's. No possible way of finding something there.

I tell you what, I got a 6-lug 12bolt sitting under my build right now. You come and get it and you can have it free. Even has a set of 16x10 steel wheels on it. BAM! Matching number of lugs!

@justsomeguy.. Could you stick a few stamps on it and toss it in tha mail? Lol im way out here in AZ .. But thanks for tha offer!!

But your all right..who cares if they got different lug patterns.. Sooner or later they will be tucked OR fab up some skirts LOL

swap for some newer hubs and drums or get them redrilled

a good 6 lug rear axle is a dana 44 from a Isuzu rodeo. they are about 60 inches wide. 4x4s have disc brakes,2wds have drums, the most common factory gearing is 4.30 or 4.10, some 4 cylinder versions had 4.56s. 93-97 are leaf springs and 98-up are coils with a link rear suspension. a Honda passport is the same truck if you cant find a rodeo. Hope that info helps!

Latest posts

Back