6 volt or 12 volt?... wiper motor.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

I have the original wiper motor from my 1946 International Harvester. We hooked it up to a 12v battery to see if it still worked and it did. My question is could it still be possible this is a 6volt motor or would it not work on a 12v battery if it was 6v? How can I find out if it's 6 or 12v?

Cool, thanks DMW56. I thought it probably was 6v and didn't want to hook it up until I got one of those reducers... thanks for the quick link.

I've run 6v stuff through a ballast resistor with success. Knocks 12 down to about 8 I think. I used to get them off cars with coils, and had a bunch of them in my junk. They'd probably work on a 6v wiper motor if ya have any laying around.

I've used them to wire brake lights and running lights through the same single fillament bulb, The constant circuit to the light was through the resistor so the light was not real bright just driving, then when I hit the brakes the brake switch would open a full 12v circuit to the filliment and it'd be bright.. Kinda weird wireing, but it worked. But--Like I said before--my wire work kinda sucks, so take it with a grain of salt :)..

PA41

Latest posts

Back