61 Country Sedan Longroof

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat33pickmup

International man of mystery!
So I have been helping a friend with his VW and I asked him about the 61 Longroof out in the field and he asks me if I wanted it for all the help..... DUH! Daisy (my Fiance) tells me she would drive the heck outta a Longroof as she does the 65 ford pu I built her.. The 61 was a driver till a few years ago they pulled the engine out for a pickup and everything is there for the car except the engine.... Plans are simple for this one, SBC/th350,W/ Finned covers, cutom intake I made that started as a Cross fire injection for Camaro/Vettes in early 80s that will topped with 4 60s Holley 1bbls, Lowered, MQQN Disks, Disk brakes on the front using 77-9 Tbird spindles, then DRIVE it... as we drive the Ole Girl I will finish the Bodywork and Paint her a Bright Yellow and White 2 tone.. Here are the pics of the Ole Girl sittin in the field where she has rested last few years and in the next few weeks we will get her outta there... and clean her up....

Jim

Attachments

• 100_1262.jpg
    100_1262.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_1263.jpg
    100_1263.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1264.jpg
    100_1264.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_1261.jpg
    100_1261.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 39
ummmmm I have to put anything but ford engines in fords to enjoy them.. so thought about a 250 chevy 6 but gonna run a clean looking SBC or if a Nailhead pops into my life it might get something like that.....

thanks guys, The Frame is great under the car.... eastern washington car so what rust it has is top of one of the fins on the 1/4 panel from somebody grinding it down. The Upholstery I havent figured out yet since the guy I know is real expensive and Lazy.....

Jim

We cut the roof off one of these that had a tree growing through the engine compartment, to use on a buddies 33' pontiac.I kept the curved side glass if you or anyone needs it.

The Upholstery I havent figured out yet since the guy I know is real expensive and Lazy.....

Jim

You can do it yourself cheap and it will look good! I got some of these permanent covers made for a '71 olds a couple of years ago. You basically order up the color/material combo you want, they make it, and you install it. You can install right over your old upholstery or remove it if its too ratty. Very tight fitting and they are permanently attached using "hog rings" to your seats. They have patterns for about every car ever made.

http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/seatcovers.htm

Last edited:
thanks guys, The Frame is great under the car.... eastern washington car so what rust it has is top of one of the fins on the 1/4 panel from somebody grinding it down. The Upholstery I havent figured out yet since the guy I know is real expensive and Lazy.....

Jim

When it comes time my brother lives in Spokane and may be able to do ur upholstery.......is very good and probably a lot cheaper than most........I can put you in contact with him if needed

4 speed?

I have a 62 convertible that is probably sold already.
A guy in Tucson restoring a 62 500xl 406 dual quad car is buying it off me for just the body but it's taking him a long time to come get it.
If Your interested in any clutch parts I can get you two together or maybe sell them to you directly if he does not want them with the car.
My convertible has a clutch and bellhousing setup. the 4 speed is long gone but the rest is there, it's all original ford brackets and pedals it isn't some cobble job..

P.S. I really love that part of the country and the clean old cars but my dog and I hate the sand burrs.
Anyone in Prosser say Hi to Ovidio, The retired sheriff and to Sandy-n-Bill the Tater peelers and old pontiac nuts
Ever have a bowl of clam chowder over at biggs junction truckstop on the columbia river?
How about liver and onions upstairs at the truckstop x from the port of entry in hermiston?

Sorry guys about the Upholstery guy bein expensive and slow..... thats Me. Ive been doing upholstery for 15 years. Had a shop here in Cheney till the Economy got to me and I closed the doors, Been doing a little here and there outta my Garage since I set it up to do small things. Thanks for all the great advise and to the Ford in a Ford doeswnt work for me AT ALL....... Ford engines HATE me so I use alternative power sorces... Thanks again.

Jim

Latest posts

Back