64 impala heater core?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
I've been beating my head against the wall for a couple of hours now. Has anyone done a heater core in one of these? You'd think that it would be just like every other heater core known to man, but it doesn't seem that way. I've got a buddy on the way over now, but I figured I'd ask you guys first.

Had a 64 years ago. Had to change the heater core, I thought it came out under the dash, but that was a long time ago.

What exactly are you having problems with?

I must be missing something stupid, because I've taken out about 20 screws and still can't get the heater box to reveal it's sweet spot.

This is from an old manual I have.
unscrew the heater box from the fire wall..
the bolts are on the motor side ..remove the hoses while you are there..loosen the cables under the dash and pull out the heater box...it is held together with screws and clips..
open it up the core just sets there.

Hope this helps.

You are going to need to pull the box from the firewall.Be real careful.It may have studs that go through the firewall that hold it inside under the dash.When you have it out.You will need to split the plastic unit.It will be held together with screws and spring clips.Just take your time.Alot of that plastic is going to be real brittle.Try not to break any of it.Or you may have a hard time trying to replace broken parts as far avalibility.

I got it done. It only took 4 hours!:rolleyes:

I ended up just splitting the case with it still in the car.
Thanks for the help guys.:)

Latest posts

Back