65 comet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs67

There is nothing worse than thinking you are about to perform a simple oil pump swap and find out you have a damaged crank. The engine will once again be removed from the comet tommorrow. There goes part of the money to have the quarters fixed. I'll try to have some pics tommorrow night pulling the motor for the second time.

that stinks man..I feel your pain, I think the big block in my 82 swb ate its solid cam the other day..got a pretty bad miss and lost most of its oil pressure..not sure what I'm going to find in there yet..

motor fix

Okay guys, it's been a while since I last posted anything on the comet. Last time I posted I was pullin the motor out to put a new crank kit and oil pump in it. I have got it goin and running real strong. I have taken it to a couple of local shows to raise money for local youth groups and a cruise in for cancer. I won best unfinished at one show. I took it to the street rod nationals south where II was amazed at the thumbs up I got. She ain't pretty but I have a blast everywhere I go in her. I'm havin trouble getting the pics to load. Go to do some checkin on that.

Okay folks. I finally got my pics to upload. The ones of the o girl in the parkin lot were taken the night I found out I had a bad oil pump. :( That was not a good night. The others are in my buddy's shop of the motor and the car while the motor was out.

Attachments

• comet and drag races 001.jpg
    comet and drag races 001.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 41
  • comet and drag races 157.jpg
    comet and drag races 157.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 36
  • comet and drag races 161.jpg
    comet and drag races 161.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Sorry.....

Sorry I missed your call. I can help you with the pics.

The Comet looks great......we're gettin there, aren't we buddy? Hope me and Buford can cruise with you to the Redneck Rumble![cl:D

Later
Lynn too.

Lynn, that would be cool. I hope we both have them ready for that trip. Thinkin she is about to be hot rod black. Talked to a guy yesterday that says he can straighten the wheel lips for me. My theory is they hold air so why bother.

Latest posts

Back