65 F100 drag truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaper969x

Heres the plan. Leave the body alone, reapairing or replacing only what is needed for structure or is unseen. Update steering suspension and brakes. Reinforce frame to handle some horsepower, and help the suspension to work. Do this without making it undriveable. Go enuff yappin heres some pics
Before
003.jpg

002.jpg

Sitting on the new suspension
testfit5.jpg

03 crown vic front end
testfit2.jpg

Frame sitting on the suspension
frame2.jpg

enginefront.jpg

C notch
Cnotchrh.jpg

My body lift apparatus
bodyoff3.jpg

And heres is where im at
IMAG0088.jpg

So everything fits and is working out like i planned it that way, weird.
Gonna blow everything apart and do some finishing on the frame. need to do some boxing on the front for the crown vic cradle.
Ill update as i progress

Yeah like it alot..Friend of mine bought my dads 66 3/4 ton a couple years after my dad died from my mom..Its been mostly sitting since, but he has mentioned selling it back to me, seriously thinking about it..

The crown vic deal is almost bolt in! im probably going over board with the way im gonna box it bit thats just me.

If you expect to get air under the front tires you'll definitely need to beef the frame. Those F100's twist and bow badly without. Cool truck.

Sorry guys! Not much progress, body is off. Frame is headed to the sandblaster.
2012-10-04164400.jpg

Got a couple new ideas for some things that were undecided before, more on that later.
Once the frame is back I have some welding to knock out and this thing can start going back together, FOR GOOD.
L8R

The crown vic deal is almost bolt in! im probably going over board with the way im gonna box it bit thats just me.

That crown vic suspension looks like a real nice setup. Never though about using one but now you got me thinking. Would you happen to know the track width of that setup.

That crown vic suspension looks like a real nice setup. Never though about using one but now you got me thinking. Would you happen to know the track width of that setup.

2003-2011 ford full size.

If you guys are wanting one of these Allready out, find derby guys running the 03^ frames. They are pulling them and putting steel cradles in and making a-arms fit the frame.... By the way they are killer frames

Man your truck looks super bad azz! Just wish most of my ford stash wasn't junk or a highboy.....

progress/pics

need pics of the progress, really looking foreward to seeing it all back together, the wheels are spot on.

please leave the patina, it is awesome look on that truck[dr

Later :cool:

Sorry guys there wasnt much 'forward progress' lol. Took the body off stripped the suspension, and took the frame to the sandblaster.
So now I'm back at square one. gonna start finishing up some welding. Got some bars to bend and slide through the frame that will take the place of a couple crossmembers, and be the base for the cage. Then the cab needs some chemotherapy (cancerous rust removal), and the floor of th box needs to be raised. off work for a while so it should keep me busy for a while.
The vic front end I got from a derby guy. Im actually working on stockpiling a few of these to use in future projects. Its pretty simple swap and I will detail it more as it goes back together.
The wheels are 'Greg Weld' Prolites. 15x10 out back and 17x3 out front, (vics have giant brakes). Greg Weld went out of biz so I got them DIRT cheap. Less than 100 each.
So check back in the following weeks. Goal is frame done and on the suspension by Turkey Day. GOBBLE GOBBLE!

Latest posts

Back