65 f100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locamino

Just traded for this 65, its been horribly chopped, moderatly chaneled, and decently bagged in all corners..
came with a 351W and c4 auto, still in the process of throwing it in

i could use some ideas about connecting the tranny linkage

also need a plan the the float/sending unit on the fuel tank., im currently using a 15 g VP Race fuel barrel.

thanks for any input
R

Attachments

• 65f100.jpg
    65f100.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 54
  • imagejpeg952.jpg
    imagejpeg952.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 56
  • imagejpeg952952.jpg
    imagejpeg952952.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 60
  • imagejpeg952955.jpg
    imagejpeg952955.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 58
I remember that on e-bay a while back - I thought it was lost cause from the hack job. Looks like the last guy did some work to it - in a positive direction! Last I saw it, it was chopped, but no glass. The front fenders/grill still looks unfinished though. Did they widen those fenders or are they like F600 fenders?

Like the paint too - those scallops really stick to it!

Are you going with a floor shifter? Does it have the original column? I thought the chopper had put in a GM tilt column and a 350/350 - could be thinking of a different truck....

If you don't mind a column shift, I wouldn't think an original set up wouldn't be hard to find.

Is my truck famous?

ebay huh? it still looks like a hack job, the previous owner didnt even grind down all the welds before painting it! he did throw a gob of bondo on the roof, looks like he sanded that down with a fork! paint covers a lot though.

he said it was running a 5.0 with a tremec 5 speed before it blew, so might not be the truck you were thinking of.. it came out of the ghetto in downtown LA..

looks like original column, non tilt, mustv been 3 on the tree stock.

he did widen the fenders, pretty decent job as i can drive it slammed, but again he ground down 3/4 of those welds before painting it!?... just wierd

i am trying to put a floor shift in, most likly pick something out of the junkyard.. after reading some threads, im a bit worried its going to pop out of gear if not done right..

What kind of front end is under it? Mustang II? Must not of sold on the bay, didn't even have a windshield then. Is the rear suspension a kit? Looks like it's good.

You might wanna surf the forums over at Ford Truck Enthusiasts about a good shifter set up. There is a 61-66 section. I doubt you'll wanna post about your truck though - they are purests and will probably treat your truck like leprosy.

suspension

yeh def. not a mustang front end, it has a professional grade dropped i beam setup , with some shotty bag buckets welded on
the 12 bolt chevy rear is 4 linked with mostly professional brackets and what not.
thanks again for the advice about shifters!

This is my '64 f100 390 w/c6 . stock front axel, moved forward 4in and lifted 3in

Attachments

• ratrod 005.jpg
    ratrod 005.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 11
Nice...going in the morning to look at a 65 step bed...what year did the twinn I beam come in? I see that 64 has a straight ax, I was thinking they were twinn beams

Nice...going in the morning to look at a 65 step bed...what year did the twinn I beam come in? I see that 64 has a straight ax, I was thinking they were twinn beams

1965 was the first year for twin I beam, just looked it up, also the frame is the same from 65 to 79 [P

Latest posts

Back