65 new yorker

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slor

It may not be the coolest car in the world, but its mine and Ive been doing what I can to keep it that way..

Just finished removing the AC and detailing the engine compartment..

b4.jpg

Also been working on the interior, water had damaged the door panels so I had to build my own

3.jpg

Yup, casket handles.

this is what Im starting with

4.jpg

and I Photoshopped what Ild like to end with..

2b3.jpg

Sweet ride man..I like the torque thrust type wheels in your photoshop, but I think that car is big enough that it needs a little bigger dia. wheel..Do'em in a 17 or 18" would look really good in my opinion.. nice ride!!

Way cool cars! Definitely change the wheels. The paint can go either way, but I do like the larger flames a bit better.

thanks for the comments guys, its nice to know I might be doing something right.. Its always a work in progress, as Im sure you know all too well..

the torque thrust might be a bit overdone.. but I like that style of rim and it looks way better than those slots its got now..
Ive been seeing some wheels that have a white wall on them rather than the tire.. Anyone else seen these things? there are some on this vette..
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2011/10/5/West-Coast-Customs-1958-Chevy-Vett-I-Am-7705102/pictures/
not sure I care that much for those, but Ive seen another set somewhere that looked great..

Ild really like to go truspoke too.. but that's a bit more than I'ld like to spend for wheels.. that money can go to motor and suspension instead.

That thing is frickin cool!! [dr Whats under the hood for power? Had a newer one ('76) with a 400. Shoulda kept it.

It is a 413 with the torqueflite behind it. I believe it's the last year of the push start torquelites. I haven't tried it to see if it works though.

It's got an edelbrock on there. Stock it's good for 340-350 hp and 480 torque. So it's not for racing, but you can hooligan it up, the thing will spin tires all day long.

Latest posts

Back