68 Ford 302 in my town...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photog

A guy is selling a 68 302 from a Mustang along w the auto tranny, drive shaft and rear end for 300 bucks. Supposed to run well.
My brother tells me I need to stick with Chevy...but man, this seems like a deal.
Would love some input. I have NOT seen the motor yet but he says it runs well etc....

Really that's a good deal. Unless you have something against small block Fords, You would be hard pressed to obtain an entire driveline for that kind of price.

That is not a bad deal at all. The one thing is that speed parts and dress up parts for Chevy engines are a little cheaper, but I ran a 302 in my '27 and my Son has a 302 in his T, and you have no idea how many people comment that they are happy to see a Ford engine in a hot rod for a change. Not saying anything bad about Chevy engines (I have one in my current T and love it) but a Ford engine in there is kind a a change of pace.

Ford engines also dress up so pretty. They are compact and with a few goodies on them make good HP and look nice. They are also narrower than a sbc but a couple of inches longer. Weigh about 75 pounds less too. Here is the one in my old T and in my Kid's T.
Don

my27002.jpg

donstatshow.jpg

I agree!!!

Yep... I agree! Pretty good deal and like most engines... it ran when it was pulled!!! :):):)

BoB

That is a great deal.
My daughter's 68 Galaxie 500 Fastback is pushed by that setup and has more than enough power (after a few minor mods) for daily driving and spinning tires!:D

he sold it...however I really appreciate the input. I have seen others on Craigslist and ebay so I will keep an open mind for that powerplant!

Latest posts

Back