71 buick riviera and 55 chevy 2nd design mix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorj

Well guys (and gals),

After searching for an old ratrod prospect, I have given up and decided to go another direction. I have decided to take my 71 455 powered Buick Riviera, remove the body, and install my 55 2nd design Chevy P'up on the frame. I'm thinking I will be able to take advantages of the factory 4 link, 455 torque monster, and the strong tranny that pushed the 4000 lb + car down the road at a pretty respectible speed. I plan on posting pics as I go along I do have a few concerns that I could use some help on but that will be in another area.

I think you'll find the Riv will have too wide a track width for the 2nd gen Chevy.
Ya might want to check that before commencing.

the Buick's body is swiss cheese since it has been sitting for almost 20 years in the elements. The frame maybe a little wider but I also know I'm going to have to shorten it. So, I could just cut the frame in the turn outs an shorten it during my narrowing process (something different). Dont forget, I'm doing the larger second design truck (55-59). I have seen where some dropped them on S10 chassis' and the wheels are too far inset for my taste.

Latest posts

Back