9-11

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was repairing photo equipment at the time and the day before I finished a job in Mid-town earlier then I expected, so I called another customer to see if I could come in that day rather then the following morning (9-11-01). Of course they were happy to not have to wait until the following day....they were located about 4 blocks from the twin towers. Anyway, I went in did my stuff, and left.

Got out of there fairly late and til I drove back home (PA) it was probably close to 9PM, so the following morning I figured....hey, I don't have to drive into Manhatten that early today. I'm going to call a friend and have breakfast before heading over there to work on another customers equipment. After a nice breakfast, I figured I'd have the oil changed in the company car...got out of there about 9AM and started heading to NYC. Then I hear on the radio that a plane flew into the one tower. Originally it was reported as a small plane, and my own selfish thoughts were...dang, traffic sucks most mornings, it's gonna be brutal today. Then a little while later it was reported that it was a jet that hit the tower not a small plane, so I thought...I ain't going over there today, and went home...just before I got home the report came in that the second tower was hit by another plane. When I got home I turned on the TV and saw everything...I immediately called my two sisters to let them know I wasn't over there today. Both were relieved I wasn't in harms way

Pookie...I'm sorry that you and to many other people had to experience the attack first hand, and have to witness the death like you did. I really don't think I could have dealt with it if I had been there...I had nightmares just from the TV coverage. I thank God that I was able to get my work done the day before, or I would have been right there..4 blocks away when it all happened.

My prayers are for all those who lost their lives as victims, those trying to rescue the fallen, and those who have fought to defend our rights and freedoms before and since that day, along with all of the families who have been so deeply affected by the attacks.

Latest posts

Back