'95 cougar???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO newer cars just don't make "rat rods" they just end up looking like a car that should have paint but is sprayed with flat black. There is a guy in our neighborhood who has a newer 350Z and he painted it flat black for some reason............it looks like crap. Your Cougar would end up the same way, I'm afraid.

If you want a true rat rod, it has to be an older car. As for making it faster, it is essentially a Fox Mustang with different skin so any of the standard 5.0 hop up tricks will make it better. (ie, cam, headers, injector work, etc)

Don

Either buy it, turn it or strip it for the parts to build something older and you'll be happier.
Those do make good DD's too

I like new iron rats hence the name. I guess you could do it up in the "rat rod" style but call it what it is a new iron style rat. Just have fun with it and do what you want.[P[;):cool:

I remember someone makeing a "kit" that transformed that car to look like a channeled '50 ford. What motor is in there? Also I think they had IRS and disc rear brakes. Buy it and do what you like, Don't call ita "ratrod" guys on here will get p ed off:rolleyes:

Not a rat. Sorry. Doesn't mean you can't fix it up, but it'll never be a rat. Basically it's a stretch Mustang under the exterior metal, so you can make it really fast and handle really well. But PUHLEEZ don't paint it flat black! It'll just look stupid.

New Iron Ratz

I like new iron rats hence the name. I guess you could do it up in the "rat rod" style but call it what it is a new iron style rat. Just have fun with it and do what you want.[P[;):cool:

I'd like to see soma them "Newer Ratz" Their easyer to find, But WHAT could be done to them so the guys wouldn't critisize for "rattin' it up" Yea the black / with red wheels is SOOO overdone and it's so easy to do a "QUICK" job, and looks bad. But how about doing some Metal work? Like gut the interior of all that plastic, Either fab up a steel dash or install a vintage one.Get rid of all that "plush " stuff, do something with the seats! Plastic is everywhere, even the grills and bumpers, It's all gotta go, and replace with something of steel. Under the hood needs to be cleaned up . The ford EFI would look awsome if all them lines and hoses,were gone and the valve covers became visible . Header dual exhaust no cats, yeah just basicly undo all that govt bs the automakers were forced to sell us!:mad::(

I'd like to see soma them "Newer Ratz" Their easyer to find, But WHAT could be done to them so the guys wouldn't critisize for "rattin' it up" Yea the black / with red wheels is SOOO overdone and it's so easy to do a "QUICK" job, and looks bad. But how about doing some Metal work? Like gut the interior of all that plastic, Either fab up a steel dash or install a vintage one.Get rid of all that "plush " stuff, do something with the seats! Plastic is everywhere, even the grills and bumpers, It's all gotta go, and replace with something of steel. Under the hood needs to be cleaned up . The ford EFI would look awsome if all them lines and hoses,were gone and the valve covers became visible . Header dual exhaust no cats, yeah just basicly undo all that govt bs the automakers were forced to sell us!:mad::(

Now there is an idea.[P[;):cool:

Latest posts

Back