98 Civic rebuild... Yes, 98 Civic...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dig the chopped top idea. i would go to a junk yard and find some early oval porshe headlights maybe, if you can find em. then somehow french those into the front end. i totally support the tuner cars. this is where rat rodding and hot rodding got their start from. and those motors make gobs of power when done right. thumbs up from skull works man.[cl

appreciate the positive comments...

Not really lookin for oval headlights... Somethin round would be easier to find and be easier on my wallet since its more typical...

I'm not lookin to makes a butt load of power... I'm conservatively shooting for 300whp... May go for 400 when my budget allows... But I'm only running a single cam... To me they're practical, I can find parts easy, they're cheap to build, will make the power I want and if I blow it up, I got another one by the end of the week...

i may have a spare dizzy laying around, but the p28 is long gone. if your good with fabbing you can make your own frenching kit with ease...good luck tho

If the dizzy is off an Si, that would be awesome...

Oh I know I could make my own buckets but that would be pain staking... lol

While I was away... (I've been busy)

Stripped and sold this...

5200580712_c688fd068c_o.jpg

5200583882_2b5d42cf70_o.jpg

Rebuilt this.

Wheels specs:
Basset Racing Wheels
14x7
-9 offset
16lbs
Bridgestone Potenzas 185/60/14

Engine specs:
d16z6 (1.6l I4 SOHC)
mild p&p
valve lap job
Scat H Beams
ARP headstuds
Vitara pistons 9.2:1
Hastings rings
Clevite bearings
Tial 38mm wastegate
HKS ssqv
FMIC
Walboro 255fp
"Tiny Tim" turbo
14lbs of boost
265hp est

P1010060.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010070.jpg

281980_260075490685359_100000487291594_1103301_5319397_n.jpg

Haven't quite got that far yet. I took out a small loan and used the money I got from selling the 89 to rebuild the car. After I got the car back on the road production picked up at work and I haven't had time to do anything at all... I work 365 days a week now, lol... Still considering doing a pinched top. Air ride is also in the future as well as bigger injectors, bigger turbo, tune, wider wheels and tires...

So how about the light idea?

That is still in the works as well... Don't worry good sir, all good things come in time... My main objectives were to get the car drive-able and looking like a car again... The headlights were free, so, I went w/ free as opposed to buying/making buckets, sourcing lights and wiring them up... I spent loads of time lining things up as best as I did. I managed to salvage the core support from the wreck.... Even though I was so mad when I pulled it off the car I balled it up and jumped up and down on it... I spent a good deal of time on the engine bay, straightening things out, modifying, cleaning, prepping and painting as well as rebuilding the motor and making it sparkly. But have no fear, I'm not done hacking this car up yet.

Eventually all us hot rodders are going to have to work with newer iron; there is a finite # of old cars out there. One of the guys on the Club Hot Rod forum started building a chopped mid 80s Bronco II a while back; at first I didnt care for it but after seeing the progress I fell in love with it.

car

my son has a whole car with spoilers and ground effects for sale where u located car is in Ma. 3500.00 takes it has new paint wheels

Yeah but intentionally sanding one off doesn't win them either. :rolleyes:

Car does have a good stance though.

No, but at least my metal work looks good and I'm proud as sh*t enough of it to not cover it up w/ mud...

Thank you for the stance comment though. I dig the sport rake even though I would like it to come down just a hair in the rear...

Eventually all us hot rodders are going to have to work with newer iron; there is a finite # of old cars out there. One of the guys on the Club Hot Rod forum started building a chopped mid 80s Bronco II a while back; at first I didnt care for it but after seeing the progress I fell in love with it.

I'd love to build a ratrod but there are so many factors thrown into why I build what I build.

Ratrod/hoodride, same concept, newer steel.

my son has a whole car with spoilers and ground effects for sale where u located car is in Ma. 3500.00 takes it has new paint wheels

I'll pass on that offer. I'm not into what most guys my age are into. All the flash and trends, etc... But thank you.

Yes we are.There is just so much old iron out there and I for one don't mind seeing something new.Keep up the good work kid.I wish we had a whole section for new iron rods.[P[;):cool:

I gotta say usually myself I don't personally care for Hondas to much but you did a good job on that one. I dig the wheel choice for it over the usual aluminum modern stuff most pic. Look forward to seein it chopped should be interesting

Yes we are.There is just so much old iron out there and I for one don't mind seeing something new.Keep up the good work kid.I wish we had a whole section for new iron rods.[P[;):cool:

Yea, I'm young, but "kid", I'm not so sure of. haha... I appreciate the compliment.

I gotta say usually myself I don't personally care for Hondas to much but you did a good job on that one. I dig the wheel choice for it over the usual aluminum modern stuff most pic. Look forward to seein it chopped should be interesting

I'm a big steelie fanatic. As I've said before, I'm not into a lot of the stuff guys my age are into.

[S Not sure I get it

Most people don't. My builds are quite controversial. Feel free to search some of the other stuff I've done.

Latest posts

Back