A 3 hour cruise!! Round Up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
No... I didn't take a trip with Gilligan & the Skipper... I'm in Austin, Tejas for Lonestar Round Up! Yipppeee!!! My truck cruised like a champ... especially after I put in a 2.19:1 rear gear! I've been trying to make it to Roundup for several years with this truck & I finally here! Great photo coverage when I return!

BoB

I didn't even know they made gears that high......you must be cruising along at 1,000 rpms, Bob . [cl That show is one I would love to go to, everything I have seen about it looks so great.

Have fun and bring back lots of pictures. :D

Don

Way to go Tripper. I know you've been trying to get there for a while. Cool you had a great cruise. Those high gears do make it nice, my coupster has sky high gears also.

Can't wait for the pics.

Have fun at he L.S.R. Hope to see ya there next year again but in the meantime I will be just glad to see the pics and have fun on congress for the night cruise !! Chip..................

Awesome, good for you. 2.19? Wow, nice cruising gears. Look forward to some pictures.
Have fun - and be safe :D

Mav... made for some killer crusin'!

I didn't even know they made gears that high......you must be cruising along at 1,000 rpms, Bob .

Me either until I looked at the chart! Musta been cruisin' 75 at about 1200 & the big Nail had no trouble pullin' that ratio either!

I gotta admit, I wouldnt mind being stranded on an island with Ginger and Mary ann

Every boy's dream!!! [ddd

Great feeling huh Tripper? BTW, did you ever get the truck out of 2nd gear with that
219? [cl

Haha 55!!! I was a blast to cruise like that. I've heard others talk about how noisy their QC's are but I have 4 other gear sets & none of them are noisy. This set was another story... it howled at around 35 & 65mph but once I got over those speeds it got quiet again. Truck ran really well but the whole time I kept thinking to myself... just remember who built this truck!!! :eek:[ddd[ddd:eek:

BoB

Can't help but think you'd get better than 15 mpg if you had it spinning around 1800 at 75, unless you have a cam out of a Farmall tractor in it,lol.

That ol leadfoot disease strikes again!!! A 3x2 will suck gas on a big block Buick with a big cam & a short between the steering wheel & the gas petal!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

Latest posts

Back