A chevy in a ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it was cool, engine and all, but that doesn't necessarily mean every car after it should have the same engine. On the other hand, the car looks goofy to me because the radiator is about a foot too low, just throws the whole thing off IMHO, does that mean every deuce coop should have the radiator a foot too low?

honestly though why does it matter if it's ford,Chev or dodge build you're ride to you're preference who gives a hell what others think of it. it's a fact that at shows you will get the odd idiot who will say something dumb about it but in the end he's not the one who has to do the work on it

Engine choice.

Bottom line it it wasn't for smallblock chevy engines being so numerous and parts availabilty alot of old Fords or other make hotrods wouldn't be on the road. Sure it would be nice to have a Hemi---big money or a flathead but the prices to build them have gone crazier than 32 Ford body prices. If you go to many shows or swapmeets it been overdone as bad as the flatblack paint and red rims.:cool:

Ed Roth ran 406 Fords in 55 chevys.
My opinion isn't about the virtues of a sbc (although a sbf is just as cheap these days), those are unarguable. I just get tired of seeing them, that's all.

it been overdone as bad as the flatblack paint and red rims.:cool:

you really know how to hurt a guy.....;)

IMG_0261.jpg

paint

Billy that ain't flat black,it shines. What I'm talking about are all the cars painted with dollar store flatblack paint just to hide crapy bodywork. :cool:

me

Billy that ain't flat black,it shines. What I'm talking about are all the cars painted with dollar store flatblack paint just to hide crapy bodywork. :cool:

hey, l resemble that remark[dr

'cept l used wally world dollar paint on the 3O something dodge:

0H, by the by, all 3 of my dodges have small block chevy's.

funny thing, 90 percent of the general public have no clue what the engine is, they look at it and have to ask what it is[S

Later :cool:

Attachments

• albertons car show 009.jpg
    albertons car show 009.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 11
I like to stay out of the SBF in a Ford, SBC in a Chevy, SBD in a chrysler product arguments so I just stuff an LS version motors in EVERYTHING! [cl

Usually the complaining stops when I say I have less than $3K in my entire motor and it is 600+hp with a turbo. [;)

I like anything in anything

Run what you want in what you want.Thats what makes hobby fun,everyone doing it their way.
I am always on tight budget which means I usually find sbc first.But I would run any V8 I could find,ford,chevy,mopar,pontiac,etc,etc.I like them all.
The only thing that bugs me is a high tech computer engine in old car.For some reason that rubs me the wrong way.But thats just my feelings.:D
If someone knows how and wants to run computer,hey,it`s their car.
Thats what makes it so fun.Everyone doing their thing and most car people are very nice.Not many bad attitudes in this hobby.:)
Have fun.Thats what I like to do.

Latest posts

Back