A cool 32 from local show.......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmallBlock Jimmy

The owner has had it since he was 15 back in the 50s and he said he finally finished it with the new paint. I love it as it has so many things original to that era and the wishbones arent even split,hehehe. This car is definately a favorite of mine....

008-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

007-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

That's COOL! It looks just like it rolled out of the 50's. I showed it to my dad who had a very similar car in the mid 50's. His was also a 32 Ford, channeled but not chopped, with an Olds J-2 for power. He said it brought back some good memories for him. Check how the front cycle fenders are attached to the outside of the front spindles. I don't think I've seen that before.

Check how the front cycle fenders are attached to the outside of the front spindles. I don't think I've seen that before.

That's the 1st thing my eye was drawn to. Have never seen fenders mounted like that before either. This car is so cool. Looks like it drove right out of the 50's.

Very nice indeed... even the color is from that Era. lot of green, purple and sapphire blues back then. It looks like it just fell of the pages of an early fiftys HotRod magazine. Cool..:)

I wish I would have took pics of the under carriage as it is just as nice, the rear banjo axle and radius rods are all chrome as well as the front spring crossmember. I should also mention that the owner is just a real great and modest guy to talk to. He said it was green before the new paint but it had all cracked up from it being lacquer as the WI northwoods can get really cold in the winter,hehehehe:)..........

That Deuce is exceptional. Very nice survivor with a great history.

We were just talking about this. Cars that truly came out of that era are somehow different. I don't know if it is the fact that you can't readily find some of the cool old parts that were used, or the techniques in building them, but it is very hard to produce a car today that looks EXACTLY like the ones built back then.

I know there have been some very nice clones and nice old timey looking rods built in recent years, but when you see a true hot rod from that period there is just something different about it. Almost like you can't recreate the time period or something. A perfect example was that beautiful '27 Titian red Ford roadster pickup many of us got to see at Billetproof. That was a true '50's rod, and it just had that extra special something about it that you can't put your finger on. Maybe our heads are just in a different mindset than back then?

Don

Latest posts

Back